The Fergusons - Rare Mp3s
The three CDs that the Fergusons released (Hurting the Washing Machine, Never Too Young To Hitchike, Sinner is Red) are all very difficult to find nowadays. Your best bet is to try GEMM. You could also try Waterfront Records, an online store based in Sydney that claims to have all three releases in stock (although you might want to double check with them before you order anything).
You can hear a few songs from the band's CDs on the Fergusons official myspace page.
A selection of obscure recordings are available for download below.
The Fergusons - Rare MP3 Downloads
Official Fergusons Singles
To date, The Fergusons have issued two free download-only singles.
The first was released via the band's website in January 2005, a few days before their final show. It is a studio recording of the song Sad Simone. Like Everything's Gone Bad, the track features guest backing vocals from members of bands such as Eskimo Joe and Little Birdy.
The second download was released in late 2007 on the band's myspace page. It is for the track El Presidente. The song was recorded and mixed in the two years following the break up of the band. It features Matt Chequer from Little Birdy playing the drums.
Download El Presidente
Rare Fergusons Demos
The Fergusons recorded many demos over the course of their career. You can download a selection below.
- These were recorded between 2000 and 2003.
- The tracks are: 17 Again, Applying the Formula, Die, Everything's Gone Bad, Grant Starts, Let's Cook It, Madeline, Sea Down South, Second Seat, Sinner is Red and Vindaloo.
- These album demos were recorded during 2004.
- Tracks featured are EF, Sad Simone, Trouble, Caps Along the Way, Hotel, Matador, Bikini, Bulletin, Sediment, Radio Song, Never Better and Heavy Machinery.
- Also included in the zip file is a live version of Heavy Machinery, performed at the band's farewell show, and an alternate mix of the Sad Simone downloadable single.
The Fergusons - Live Recordings
- In September 2002, The Fergusons played a memorable show at the old ABC Studios in Perth. The show was broadcast live on the radio. The show featured the first ever live performance of Sinner is Red.
- Tracks: Waste of Time, Napalm Waltz, Sea down South, Die, Sinner is Red, Grant Starts, Everything's Gone Bad, Cream Chargers, and As Time Goes By.
- In February 2007, Al, Wayne and Grant played a one-off reunion show at Mojos Bar in Fremantle. They played acoustic versions of Fergusons songs, plus a couple of covers. You can download a soundboard recording of the performance. These mp3s were originally uploaded to the net via the Fergusons and Bi Polar Bears myspace pages.
- The tracks are: Hotel, Die, Pink Triangle (Weezer), Sad Simone, Never Better, As Time Goes By, El Presidente, Sinner is Red, Everything's Gone Bad, Throw Your Arms Around Me (Hunters & Collectors).